Sunday, August 30, 2009

The Deed is Done

Wow! It's been a whirlwind of a week! And I have meant to post before now, but I just haven't had time! Last Saturday was my first u/s and b/w and at that time I had four follies! Three on the right and one on the left. Doc was pleased with those and said to continue with my medication as I had been. I went back on Monday for another check. Now, as I suspected, just two good follies on the right side and they hadn't grown any. :( So we doubled up on the injections and went back on Wednesday. On Wednesday they had grown some, but not both mature yet. The nurse thought we would continue with meds and IUI would be on Friday or Saturday. Well, she called back a few hours later and said I'm ovulating on my own! WOAH! And we had to do this NOW! I was freaking out because I thought we were right on track, but she said to either go back in that afternoon for the IUI, or trigger NOW and go in the morning for the IUI. I asked if they thought I could wait til morning, she asked the doc, and said "yes."

So, nervous as I can be, I left work, again, rushed home, and we figured out the trigger shot and did it around 1pm. I rushed back to work...again. So, the next day was a roller coaster for sure. We got up early and Kevin did his thing into a condom because we have had trouble missing the cup before and the nurse said it was ok to use one. Well, we rushed to Southport and got there in less than an hour and left the sample and went for breakfast. About 20 minutes later she called and said we had to come back to the office. I asked why and she said "I'll explain when you get here, but I have zero motile sperm." What the heck??!!?!?!

At this point Kevin and I started freaking out. His face went white and tears were forming. The thought of him being the reason this doesn't work is terrifying. We had already and the roller coaster of wondering if we were even timing this thing right or not....now this?? We get back and she shows us the sperm on the microscope. They were all dead :( She said we can a) try on our own or b) have Kevin try again and see what we get. We discussed it and decided Kevin would try again and we would decide after we look at them on the microscope if we proceed or not. So we left again, for an hour, while it processed.

I was being my usual Negative Nelly, and even Nurse Sherry had to tell me to be positive and she was so comforting about it also. So during that hour we distracted ourselves and tried not to think about it. When we got back and walked through the parking lot, Kevin said..."well, she didn't call us, so it must be good." I said "that, or she didn't want to tell us over the phone again!" I got a look. lol. When we walked in Sherry was smiling and said "we got enough!" I said "no way." She said, "I'll show you! I have a good sample!"

Whew!! Now keep in mind, there was only an hour and a half between samples, so I expected the count to be low. We looked at these on the screen and man! Those dude were swimming like crazy! Kevin was so proud. Sherry said we had 20 million and about 75% of them were motile!! OMG! This was the best sample we've had ever! So crazy! Kevin said he was gonna have a talk with those nonswimmers, and she said that was normal and ok. He said he had a pep talk w/ those guys so he was glad they came through. Haha. She didn't measure morphology, but I didn't see any malformed ones on the screen, so yay!

She was so good with the IUI also and I just had some minor cramping afterwards and for the first time, no spotting! She told me to lie there for 15 minutes and she'd watch the clock for me and for me to relax. As we left she told us that we had to call her in two weeks when we test and get that BFP. :) She was sweet and so helpful...and Kevin liked her and he never likes anyone in this process.

So, now we wait. Sigh. I go in on Friday for my progesterone check and test a week later. We all know how much we hate doing that! For the first time, we feel like we have a chance in this working. Kevin's numbers were so good, we feel like we timed it right, and we trust our doc and nurses. Plus, I guess since this is our last shot for a long while, we just feel like it should work! If not, we are done til at least after the first of the year.

Things I'm doing in the meantime....drinking a glass of red wine each time to increase blood flow to the uterus, taking baby aspirin, drinking more water, eating pineapple, starting yoga, taking my met and nasty prometrium, and BDing to help with implantation. The sacrifices we make! HA!!

Now begins the waiting game......

3 comments:

  1. Nothing would make me happier than watching you get your much-delayed-much-deserved BFP hun!!! I'm praying this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying so hard for you guys!!! This has got to be it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, loves. I so appreicate all you do for me! Love you girls!

    ReplyDelete